Department of Landscape Water Engineering, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague is looking for a doctoral candidate (PhD student) who would join our group and work with us on the water use efficiency in agriculture production.
The student will take a part in a cross disciplinary European project „Management of soil water resources in the EU and China and its impact on agro-ecosystem functions". The focus of our group will be assessing the impact of various management measures on water balance and soil water regime.
March 2019 – September 2022
Main place of work:
CTU in Prague, Czech Republic. Regular works on the experimental catchments in countryside.
- Master degree in environmental engineering, hydrology, hydrogeology, agriculture, physical geography or related fields.
- Nostrification of degree will be required
- Background in hydrology and soil physics desirable
- Programming skills, experience with hydrological modelling and GIS preferred
- Driving license class B
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Creativity, independence and ability to come up with new ideas necessary!
Application must include:
- Team work with a lot of interaction with our project partners
- The research is intended to lead to the attainment of a PhD degree
- Salary – equivalent of ca 1000 € + benefits depending on involvement and results (allows reasonable living standard in the Czech Republic)
- Curriculum vitae (incl. list of publications)
- Proof of qualification (simple copy in this stage)
- Brief cover letter explaining your motivation
Please, send your application with all attachments to email@example.com by November 25, 2018.
Tomas Dostal, Czech Technical University in Prague, storm.fsv.cvut.cz
Tomas Dostal, Eng.Ass.Prof.Ph.D.
Department of Irrigation, Drainage and Landscape Engineering
Faculty of Civil Engineering
Czech Technical University in Prague
Thakurova 7, 16629 Prague 6
tel: ++420 224354747
fax: ++420 233337005
mobile: ++420 736610806