one of the premises of UNESP´s Institutional Development Plan, being a permanent
and transversal effort for teaching, research and extension actions.
To foster its
internationalization strategy, the Graduate Studies Office,- PROPG in the scope
of the Capes-Print-Unesp Program, invites academics from international partners
to submit proposals for Young Talents (YT) and Post-Doctoral (PD) fellowships
The complete Call for Proposals (in Portuguese) can be accessed at this address: https://www2.unesp.br/Home/propg/projetosinternacionais/edital_3_versao_portugues.pdf.
- Candidates for the Post-Doctoral Fellowships may be either Brazilians or foreign, and should be, preferentially, less than 40 years-old at the time of application. They must hold a doctorate degree and have relevant academic production in the last 5 years. Besides, they must prove relevant international academic and scientific experience for 12 months at least (e.g. full doctorate, sandwich doctorate, postdoctoral internships, etc.). Applications will not be accepted from anyone who is working in Brazil.
- Candidates for the young talent fellowship, could be Brazilian or foreign and must be living abroad.
- Candidates for the post-doctoral fellowship, may be living in Brazil or abroad.
- The candidate must identify a supervisor who must be a permanent faculty member at a Unesp graduate program participating in the institutional Capes-PrInt Program and will be responsible for submitting the proposal.
- Unesp’s Graduate Studies Office - PROPG, or the International Office can facilitate the contact between the candidate and faculty member.
- The proposals should be associated with one of the 34 cooperation projects linked with the seven themes defined in the Capes-PrInt-Unesp Project. The information about those projects can be accessed here: https://tinyurl.com/y2g3mf6p
FUNDING OF PROPOSALS
Under this call, Unesp
will finance 25 fellowships of 6 months each, for young talents, and 26 fellowships
of 6 months each, for postdoctoral fellows. The length of the scholarships will
be from 6 to 12 months. Monthly allowances, travel assistance, installation
assistance and health insurance will be offered, with a monthly average of R$
9,859.22 (Brazilian reais) for young talents or R$ 5,959.22 (Brazilian reais)
for postdoctoral fellows.
The analysis of the
proposals will be made by the members of Unesp’s Graduate Studies Office and
the coordinators of Capes-PrInt-Unesp Project Topics, considering the following
criteria and scores:
| Criteria|| Maximum Score|
| Candidate previous
experience in the area of the research project, considering its scientific,
technological or relevant innovation production, especially in the last five
| Merit, originality and
relevance of the proposed project, considering scientific, technological and
innovation development.|| 20|
| Quality, consistency
and adequacy between the qualification and the experience of the supervisor
to the candidate proposed project.|| 20|
| Adherence of the
proposal to the Project/ Theme of Unesp’s CAPES-PrInt project.|| 15|
| Contributions from the
sending institution (for example, cost of airfare to Brazil, participation in
Kick-off Meeting in 2018).|| 15|
| Impact of the
candidate's proposal for teaching, research and community activities in the
target PPG|| 15|
- The application will be made by the Supervisor in an electronic form;
- The following documents are required for registration:
- a) Candidate CV, highlighting the academic production of the last 5 years;
- b) Candidate statement of fluency in English for those who do not have English as their native language;
- c) Proof of international academic and scientific experience;
- d) Work Plan (in English) for the academic and scientific activities, to be developed at Unesp, prepared in accordance with the Supervisor, containing: (a) Title, name of candidate to the scholarship and area of knowledge; (b) Summary; (c) Research Project in ten pages; (d) Timetable; (e) Relevance to the project and the theme in which they are inserted within the CAPES-PrInt-Unesp Program; (f) teaching activities in the graduate program, if any.
- e) Doctoral degree diploma or document attesting the status of doctor;
- f) Declaration of the applicant, in English, in free model, demonstrating agreement with the permanence in the graduate program, in an uninterrupted way, during the period who will receive the scholarship.
- g) Copy of the Brazilian candidate's RG or copy of the foreign candidate's passport.
- h) Counterparts of the sending institution (if any)
- The application must be done here: https://tinyurl.com/yysrxl66
- If the application do not indicate a Unesp Supervisor, one will be indicated by Unesp’s Graduate Studies Office and he/she will be in contact with the candidate.
FELLOW’S OBLIGATIONS OF
- To take the necessary measures, when applicable, to obtain entry visas in Brazil, valid for the duration of the approved scholarship, providing for the possibility of extension, when applicable;
- To perform obligatorily in activities related to the graduate course, such as: development of research project, offering courses, training, lectures and seminars at Unesp, as well as interaction with the faculty and students of the graduate program to which (s)he will be linked;
- To comply with the activities foreseen in the Work Plan and provide the documents requested by Unesp and CAPES.
| Timeline || Date|
| 1. Launch of the Call|| July|
| 2. Application Up to || August 25th|
| 3. Disclosure of
preliminary results|| August 30th|
| 4. Appeals until|| September 03rd|
| 5. Disclosure of
concluding results|| September 03rd|
| 6. Deliverance of the
concession letters|| September 30th|
| 7. Beginning of activities
in Brazil|| From Jan-Mar 2020|
- Tickets for companions or dependents will not be granted;
- Expenses related to life insurance, accident insurance or any other will not be covered.
- Clarifications and additional information on this Call and on the completion of the online application form can be obtained through the electronic address email@example.com
- Omitted or exceptional cases will be analyzed by PROPG and CAPES.
The offer’s description is downloadable here.